CMS Needs Your Help!
You are invited to be a part of CMS. Your support is essential to the success of our program and your student’s success at school. Research shows that students whose parents stay involved in their child’s school actually do better work in school and are more successful. Please take a moment to check for volunteer opportunities below. Your presence is truly important to us!
- Help in a teacher’s class for a short period of time.
- Provide food for specific or special functions. (Parties, Special events, etc.)
- Speak to a class about a particular experience such as travel.
- Volunteer in the library.
- Help with the before or after-school tutoring program.
- Help decorate for special occasions or functions.
- Monetary donations
- Help in lunchroom.
- Guest reader to a class or classes
- Special talent
Please contact the school (256-927-5656) if you would to help in any of the above areas! Thanks for your support! Our students will benefit greatly from your efforts!
Centre Middle School Parent Involvement Policy
It is the policy of Centre Middle School to support and maintain the Cherokee County Board of Education’s parent involvement policy in the following manner:
- Recognize that the participation of parents and faculty/staff at Centre Middle School in regular, meaningful, two-way communication regarding academic learning, student behavior expectations, and other school activities, defines successful parental involvement.
- Establish partnerships with parents, including parents with limited English proficiency, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory students, in order to promote high academic achievement
- Ensure the availability of information regarding academic assessments, resources for avenues of assistance, highly qualified teachers, the Title I budget, and the Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Involve parents, as partners, in their child’s education by inclusion, as appropriate, in decision-making and advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Provide parents with a procedure to submit comments of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction regarding the Parent Involvement Policy of Centre Middle School as related to the CIP plan.
Parent Involement Plan (PDF)
Your Ingles card must be linked to Centre Middle School each year to receive Ingles rewards!
My School Bucks an online payment portal especially designed to allow parents to make quick and easy online payments to their children’s school accounts.
The system allows parents to manage their children’s lunch accounts.